Why do you need a Driver’s License (DL)?
This is a law so that your driving doesn’t disturb the peace on the road for others. It is like getting a doctor’s degree before operating on someone.
Ideally, you can learn to drive/ride after you get your Learner’s License (LL) for which you can apply only after your turn 18-year-old. By choosing the online medium to apply, you optimize two things-usages of paper and your precious time.
The fee for LL and DL has to be paid together.Rs.25/-as test fee plus Rs.30/- per category of vehicle is required to be paid for LL. Rs.200/- for a Smart Card DL and Rs.50/- per category of vehicle is required to be paid for DL.
When it comes to getting the Driver’s License, most of us go with an agent who will do all the work. Did you know that you can get your license without an agent? Yes!! You heard it right. This is a good deal since it is absolutely corruption-free.
How to apply online?
Visit the site here to apply for the License.
Couple of more steps to go… What are they?
If you do not possess even the LL, here are the steps to follow.
- Click the option “I don’t have a license”
- Fill in your nearest RTO details and of course your personal details too
- Select vehicle(s) you want the license for
- Accept that the information given by you is true
- Upload your age proof and address proof
- Upload your photo and signature
- Select the test slot
- Prepare for the test
Wondering what the questions would be and the passing marks (Of course) for this test?
There will be 15 random questions asked about the traffic rules, get at least 11 answers right, you clear it. If you don’t, you can take a re-test in next 24 hours. To get a practice of the test, take few mock tests online here.
Once you receive your LL, you will be able to drive your vehicle, mind that you prominently put “L” on your vehicle, in red. Also remember to have someone with you who holds a DL (Which is mandatory for all LL holder).
When and how can you apply for DL?
You can only apply after 30 days of the issue of your LL.
- Go here
- Choose the option “I have an LL”
- Enter your LL details
- Select your driving test slot
- Yes, you need to Pass the test
What if you fail? How many attempts do you get?
- You can reschedule only after 30 days
- A total of 6 attempts (up to 180 days)
- If you fail to clear the driving test even after 6 attempts, you seriously need a good amount of riding practice with someone to supervise you.
- You will have to start from the beginning and apply for LL again
Remember!!! Your DL also expires. Keep track of the date and apply for the renewal with the same link.
Once you successfully get your license to drive a vehicle on the roads, enjoy rides confidently and sensibly. When it’s time for your bike to get a service or repair, get an expert mechanic at gaadi360, the best Personal Assistant for your vehicle, anytime, anywhere.
All the best!
Happy and Safe Riding